Google Maps has changed the way people travel. Thanks to this ubiquitous web mapping service app, asking for directions has become a redundant task now.
In earlier days, people used maps to locate places and find the geographical information of an area. However, the usage of maps extends beyond presenting mundane data. Maps can be used to show facts such as coffee consumption across the world, global crop yields, airline routes, percentage of cancer affected people across the globe, language and dialects of a country, cost of living index in different countries and much more.
Thematic world maps allow users to give a visual representation to their data in an enticing manner. Whether you want to present statistics of English speaking countries map, highlight the most and least racially tolerant countries or present information on an artistic map, ready to use world maps come to your rescue.
You can create your own thematic maps using editable PowerPoint world maps. These maps allow you to play around with the colors, size, texture and background. You can change the entire look of these maps by inserting graphics and adding text inputs.
Want to see how creative you can get with maps? Check out the samples below.
- Delivering babies can be a blessing in some countries and bane in others
2. You’ll never go hungry thanks to McDonald’s outlets all over the world!
3) IE, Chrome, Firefox or Opera? Find out which browsers are popular in various countries.
4) World map with flag themed candies – is there a better way to teach children about world country flags?
5) A pied piper has no job in this cat lover’s world map!
6) Check out how various religions are spread across the world