Businesses have used PowerPoint extensively to create presentations pitching ideas/concepts, selling products, and reaching out to their customers. Its wide use is due to the many features it offers for incredible text effects, animations and creative layout formats.
However, with so much content being channeled through PowerPoint presentations over the years, a fair degree of “presentation fatigue” has set in among audience groups everywhere. Business today is fast-paced, competitive and high engagement driven and cannot afford such fatigue among their audience. So how can businesses use their PowerPoint tools better to create impactful presentations that are both informative and engaging to their target audience groups? The key to creating such power driven presentations is creative visualization.
Creative visualization with PowerPoint enables information to be structured in interesting ways – and helps designers to play around with a range of styles, which allows information to be presented in fresh and engaging formats. For instance, designers can construct engaging presentations that share information along a story based format, using less words and powerful visuals.
Some key examples, using easy to implement ideas, that can be quickly adapted for varied communication needs:
- Large Format Movie Posters – Strong ideas can be communicated using just a few slides by presenting them like movie posters. With interesting visuals, perfectly coordinated or contrasted colors and engaging typography, you can instantly create an impactful presentation that combines interest and innovation. The result – a very engaged audience, and extended duration of information recall.
- Corporate Brochures – Tired of handing out company brochures and pamphlets, in corporate events and gatherings, that soon find their way to the trash bin? How about presenting the information in a PowerPoint presentation that incorporates engaging visuals, animation effects and engaging audio tools. Put it on to a low capacity memory stick, and you create an information-packed corporate gift.
- Education Material – PowerPoint presentations are being increasingly used within academic communities as an effective tool for learning and information sharing. Add in detailed text effects, hyperlink related content and incorporate animations to make learning fun, powerful and transformative.
- Product Manuals – We all love our gadgets, but absolutely abhor reading through volumes of pages with fine print and interesting diagrams. Converting all this information into engaging PowerPoint presentations with visuals will help your customers quickly gain the necessary product education.
- Record your company’s key events – Memories get more meaningful as they age. Be it your initial days as a two-desk start up outfit, your first respectable office premises, the first batch of graduate trainees or the day you celebrated growing into a USD 1 Billion company. Do they have to be recorded as just pictures and videos? How about bringing more life to those pictures and videos with text effects, background vocals/music, and highlight the joke the founders shared with pop-art graphics. Share it with your new hires and let them know they are an important part of the journey.
- Unconventional layout – Are weekly briefing presentations at the workplace becoming a drudgery? Why not serve them up in style – lay out your presentation as a five-course meal. From entrée to dessert, let your audience move through bites of important information with anticipation and relish.
- Say hello – We know that letters are passé – and today’s popular communication formats like tweets, Facebook messages and IMs while instantly reaching out to millions, can sometimes feel a bit crowded and impersonal. So how do you say “Hello” to your valued clients and let them know they are special, and absolutely worthy of your time? Craft a personalized presentation post card, and include pictures and write-ups on key events and initiatives to keep them abreast of all the important work that you have been engaged in over the past quarter.
- Keep the humor – Animation and well-executed cartoons can help deliver a light and personal touch, as you communicate with your audience using presentations. They lend a charming comical touch to information, help eliminate language barriers, and drive higher recall – hallmarks of truly effective communication.
- Interactive Game Features – Invite your customers for a quick game of naughts and crosses, an easy crossword, or Chinese Checkers, cleverly executed on a PowerPoint presentation. Each move unleashes new information, and even higher client interest.
- Embellish and upload – Aside from wanting to learn about your company and products, chances are a good number of visitors have landed at your website to gather data and information. Populate current and relevant data onto easily transportable table formats within your presentations – it helps with easy publishing, and will earn your company the respect of several visitors.
The creative possibilities within PowerPoint are constantly evolving. With easy-to-use software that offers web friendly and content safe formats, like Flash and PDF, they remain globally relevant and popular. Their versatility serves up interesting formats for creative communication and engagement.
Written by Lakshmipriya Somasundaram for Chillibreeze[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]